Friday 1 February 2013

Research and Planning: Final Front Cover + Analysis


This is my Final Front Cover for my magazine. The magazine now includes key features of a magazine.

- The masthead is now complete and I changed the font to be a more round edged one that is easier to read as that is the style used by DJmag. I also duplicated the layer, changed the colour to blue to added a blue shadow to the masthead.

- I also Have finished the publication line below the magazine and moved it to the left so it doesn't go over the models face. I also used 2 different colours of font to make it more pronounced.

- I have included details of the contents using a 3 colour scheme rule and these are white, black and electric blue. These colours seem appropriate for the genre and also compliment the background photo. I added boxes of different colours around the text and used a drop shadow to create a 3d effect on the boxes.

- In the bottom right corner I added The bar code and placed it on a box and added a drop shadow so the bar code looked above the photo I also added the price and just to the left I added a website address to give a professional look.

- Finally the photo I used was a medium close up i selected from the photos i had taken as it was in focus and had good lighting and was an appropriate shot for the magazine.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your finished front cover. I think that it represents your genre really well and you have kept the same colours throughout which makes it work better.

    ReplyDelete