Friday 15 March 2013

Evaluation Question 2






Posture - 

My posture for this photo was similar to the top one as I raised my shoulders and had my arms by my side as casual style look. Having my arms by my side gave a relaxed look the same as the top photo. Unlike the top photo I was stood up straight, where as the top photo was stood at an angle.

Angle -

I was staring into the camera gaining eye contact with the viewer. Both the shots display a confident character as neither are hiding and both are at the forefront of the photo, this means the reader can associate with the artist.

Shot Type -

Both the shots are medium close ups, but the top photo is closer to the artists face and shoulders and could be classed as a close up. The shot was appropriate as the reader can see the clothing and style of the artist, this portrays the artists style and the Genre is then recognisable. This shot also makes the facial expressions visible which is a serious yet relaxed expression.

Lighting -

Both the shots have high key lighting, the lighting on the top photo is a lot lower as there is shade below the chin and the skin colour was darker, but the lower photo is a more vibrant shot displaying my skin as very light. the darker background on the bottom photo makes the artists stand out from the back ground. the lighting was effective on this shot as I had the camera hooked up to flashers that went off when I took a shot with the camera. And because of this the reader concentrates on the artist instead of the background.

Costumes - 

The costumes are similar as both are wearing a blue shirt. these clothes make the artists look both casual and smart at the same time, The bottom photo I am wearing headphones unlike the top image as I wanted the DJ genre to be easily visible at a glance by the reader. Both the images show an artists with uniquely styled hair to show they are different from other artists. I didn't wear any forms of jewellry or piercings as it did not seem appropriate to the genre.

Expression - 

The expressions in both the photos make the artists look serious and concentration is visible on their faces. both are not showing much expression which makes the artist looks serious and emotionless.

Hair - 

The two images both have styled hair in a unique way. This makes the artists both an individual and different to all others. we both have short hair and i had this style as the majority of DJs have short hair. 

To Conclude - 

Overall men are Portrayed as being independent and have an attitude as both have eye contact with the camera. The Males are both also viewed as succesful and indipendance is displayed in their headphones and being on the cover. The both also have their own fashion/style which they decide to wear.


No comments:

Post a Comment